MAAC is joining efforts with the City of Vista to provide emergency housing assistance services for families and individuals economically impacted and at risk of becoming homeless.
The Vista Emergency Housing Assistance Program (VEHAP) focuses on prevention, self-sufficiency, and stabilization. The program’s purpose is to provide financial assistance and housing stability to Vista families in the low-income limit for annual medium income, listed below, and individuals at risk of losing their housing.
Applications will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis and awards shall not exceed $10,000 and six months per household. Program funds will be disbursed directly to the landlord or property manager, mortgage servicer, utility, or other service provider. No funds will be disbursed to program applicants directly.
Applicant Eligibility and Requirements
Program applicants will be deemed eligible if one or more household members meets the following criteria:
- Resident of incorporated City of Vista
- Qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship during or due, directly or indirectly, to the coronavirus pandemic
- One or more household members can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and
- Household income does not exceed 65% AMI
Household must have a documented substantial decrease in household income due to health, employment, unforeseen automobile repair, unforeseen medical emergency, or out-of-pocket medical expenses as evidenced by the following:
- Termination Notice
- Payroll Check or Pay Stubs
- Bank Statements
- Medical Bills accompanied by medical provider notice of inability to work/required time off.
- Signed Letter from Employer explaining tenant’(s) changed financial circumstances
- Unemployment Award Letter
- Self-Certification of tenant’s inability to pay the next month rent and/or utility bill
Prior to the Release of Funds, the Following Documents MUST be Submitted:
From the Landlord:
- Documentation of a current City of Vista Business License, if applicable,
- W-9 for the Landlord receiving rental payment; and
- Signed affidavit affirming that the Landlord has not and will not receive payment for the same month(s) rent due for the same tenant from any other assistance programs. *Template will be provided at the time of application.
From the Tenant:
- Executed Rental Assistance Agreement that includes a signed affidavit affirming that the tenant is not receiving rent from any other sources (rental assistance programs, CARES Act funds, sub-lessees, roommates, etc.). *Template will be provided at the time of application.
Fill out the Interest Form. If you need help completing the Interest form, please contact us at 619-883-7152 every Thursday from 9 am – 5:30 pm, or email us at VEHAP@MAACproject.org.
If you are potentially eligible for assistance, you will receive an email with a link to the application as well as important additional information related to the application.
Complete the application. You will need to enter information into all fields and respond to all questions within the application. Failure to complete the entire application may result in your application being denied.
At the end of the application, upload/email required supporting documents. If you require assistance completing the application and uploading documents, please make an appointment to attend one of our in-person application assistance clinics by clicking this link. Office hours are every Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm at our Vista North Campus . Additional clinic schedule and locations are provided in the email you receive with the application. You must bring all required supporting documentation with you to the clinic
Your application will be reviewed and processed by MAAC staff in the order that it was received. You will receive an email from MAAC staff with the status of your application. Your application may be approved, denied, or incomplete. If your application is incomplete, you will have 10 business days to make corrections and/or provide missing documentation.
Upon approval, MAAC staff will disburse payment directly to the Landlord or Property Manager, mortgage servicer, utility provider, or service provider of other VEHAP eligible assistance.
If you have any questions regarding the VEHAP program, please contact us via phone at 619-883-7152 or email at VEHAP@MAACproject.org.