Check Our Upcoming Events
Which EV is Right for You?
December 12th, @ 5PM
For program updates, we encourage individuals to submit an interest form or continue checking our website for updates!
What can the program offer you?
- Education: Education on EV Ownership such as charging type and cost, maintenance, etc.
- Support: Applying for incentives and rebates* to lower the purchase price of your EV and help you find an EV to fit your needs and budget
- Coaching: Preparing you for the loan application process and loan repayment. Also, free access to one-on-one financial coaching to improve your purchase readiness
- Special Financing: Access to special vehicle financing at 3.99-5.99% interest for eligible participants**
*State-funded partners determine eligibility and qualify participants for incentives and rebates.
**Banking partner determines eligibility and qualifies participants for loans. Participation in MAAC’s program does not guarantee a loan or down payment assistance.
Are you eligible for the program?
- Be a San Diego County resident
- Meet income eligibility
Check Your Household’s Income Eligibility
Combined Household Income Must Be Less Than
*Count only yourself plus any spouse, registered domestic partner, guardians, and/or dependents you have.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid California’s driver license or AB60
- No current or recent auto delinquencies or auto repossessions
- Ability to repay loans and costs related to vehicle ownership
Do you want to learn about EVs and how much you can save? For more information play the video below.
Partners / Funders
The primary purpose of the Electric Vehicle (EV) Access Program is to reduce carbon emissions and increase renewable energy usage in communities of concern through an increase in the adoption of electric vehicles.
Other purposes of the Electric Vehicle Access Program are:
- Demonstrate the cost-savings and environmental value of Electric Vehicles to LMI community members.
- Provide an opportunity for LMI families to establish or repair credit.
- Demonstrate value of EV charging station installations in low to middle income (LMI) communities to elected officials and decision makers.
- Create a scalable, sustainable, replicable program delivery model for other communities of concern.
Pilot Phase: Program Design
For more information regarding the program and potential partnership opportunities, please contact Director of Economic Development, Flora Barron at email@example.com.
MAAC receives funding from the Center for Sustainable Energy to conduct EV educational outreach campaigns in LMI communities in San Diego County.