Consider purchasing an electric vehicle!
When you drive an electric vehicle, you can save:
- On vehicle purchasing cost— up to $10,000* towards the total cost of the vehicle.
- On fuel and maintenance costs — average annual savings of $5,000!
*Special financial offerings from the State of California
Individuals and/or households residing at MAAC’s affordable housing properties or with children or dependents enrolled in MAAC’s Child Development Program, as well as income eligible employees have an exclusive opportunity to purchase plug-in vehicles (electric vehicles, with a limited option for plug-in hybrids) with low interest loans.
When you purchase an electric vehicle, you may qualify for up to $10,000 of rebates and incentives which can be applied to your down payment. The State of California awards these rebates and incentives.
MAAC’s STEP Coordinators will work with program participants to help them navigate the loan process, rebate/incentive application process, and provide them with both financial counseling and practical vehicle knowledge e.g. how to plug-in and maintain the vehicles.
How can I apply for the program?
At this time, only individuals and/or households residing at MAAC’s affordable housing properties or with children or dependents enrolled in MAAC’s Child Development Program are eligible to participate in the Electric Vehicle Access Program. Other eligibility criteria:
- Low to moderate income
- At least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license
- No current or recent auto loan delinquencies or auto repossessions
- Ability to repay loan and costs related to vehicle ownership, including insurance
Check Your Household’s Income Eligibility
What does the program offer to those participating in it?
- Financing at 3.99-5.99% interest over a 5 year period to buy a plug-in used or new vehicle
- Financial counseling and clean vehicle education covering budgeting, banking, credit, finding the right car, maintaining plug-in vehicles, charging plug-in vehicles, and applying for incentives and rebates to lower purchase costs
- One-on-one coaching to help with goal setting, credit repair, and creating a plan for repaying your loan
- Improved credit score once the loan is repaid
- Lowered transportation costs compared to the costs of owning and driving gasoline-powered vehicles
- The opportunity to make an environmental impact
If you are a current resident at one of MAAC’s affordable housing communities, and/or your child is currently enrolled in MAAC’s Child Development Program, please complete & submit the interest form below. Below you will find a video with more information on existing Electric Vehicle Rebate programs.
For more information regarding the program, please contact Director of Economic Development, Flora Barron at email@example.com.
Do you want more information on existing Electric Vehicle Rebate programs? Click here to view a video with more information.
Partners / Funders
The primary purpose of the Electric Vehicle (EV) Access Program is to reduce carbon emissions and increase renewable energy usage in communities of concern through an increase in the adoption of electric vehicles.
Other purposes of the Electric Vehicle Access Program are:
- Demonstrate the cost-savings and environmental value of Electric Vehicles to LMI community members.
- Provide an opportunity for LMI families to establish or repair credit.
- Demonstrate value of EV charging station installations in low to middle income (LMI) communities to elected officials and decision makers.
- Create a scalable, sustainable, replicable program delivery model for other communities of concern.
Pilot Phase: Program Design
For more information regarding the program and potential partnership opportunities, please contact Director of Economic Development, Flora Barron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAAC receives funding from the Center for Sustainable Energy to conduct EV educational outreach campaigns in LMI communities in San Diego County. More information regarding EV incentives and rebates: