MAAC DUI Education Program Impact due to COVID-19 Pandemic
In light of guidelines issued by the County of San Diego Department of Public Health regarding COVID-19, MAAC DUIP is now operating with a modified schedule Monday-Friday 8am to 9pm. All individual and group sessions will be conducted via remote services until further notice.
We are currently conducting Telehealth Services using a HIPAA compliant Zoom platform. Program fee payments may be completed over the phone; in-person payments must be scheduled ahead of time to ensure social distancing is observed (no walk-ins).
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an orientation, please email your full name and phone number to DUIPenrollment@maacproject.org.
If you would like to schedule an in-person payment, please email your full name and phone number to DUIPayments@maacproject.org.
One of the most hazardous aspects of substance abuse in our society is apparent every day. Thousands of people are affected each year.
MAAC’s DUI Education Program (DUIP) aims to reduce the driving under the influence of controlled substances, thereby minimizing the negative impact of this behavior on our families, residents and community. Our state-licensed program allows participants to discuss alcohol or drug related concerns in a safe, supportive and confidential environment. Referrals to MAAC DUIP are made by San Diego County Superior Courts, San Diego County Probation Office, or the California Department of Motor Vehicles
Our extensive DUIP offers the requisite individual counseling, group counseling and education services to adults 18 years or older whose driving privileges have been restricted or revoked as a result of driving under the influence. Approximately 1,200 individuals participate in MAAC DUIP on a monthly basis, attending programs between 6 weeks to 18 months in duration. Counseling sessions and classes are available in English and in Spanish, held six days per week with both day and evening options to offer participants flexibility in scheduling with minimal impact on their work and home lives.
Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Program Mission
To protect the public health and safety on the highways by motivating program participants to stop their drinking and driving behavior.
The specific objectives are as follows:
- To assist program participants successfully evaluate and address any alcohol/drug problem to prevent driving under the influence.
- To assist participants to explore their relationships with alcohol/drugs and the inherent risks involved.
- To help program participants eliminate any dependency on alcohol and /or drugs.
The DUI Program is run by MAAC and is guided by California code of regulations, Title 9, Division 4, Chapter 4, as well as the guidelines provided by the County Alcohol and Drug Administration.
How to Sign Up for a Mandated DUI Program:
To schedule an appointment for orientation Please call: (619) 409-1780 ext. 1201
- You will need to know what program you will be enrolling for, it is the participants’ responsibility to know this information. MAAC will not inform the participant as to what program needs to be completed.
- Personal Data information:
- Current address
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Arrest date
- Case Number
- Driver’s License Number
Please Bring to Program Orientation:
- A Court referral, DMV Admin per Se and Citation from Law Enforcement or a Driving History Print out from the DMV, will be need at the time of the appointment for orientation.
- Court Referral: Given to participant at the Assessment Unit after Court Date.
- DMV Admin per Se: Letter from the DMV stating that participant’s license was suspended, will include the arrest date
- Driving History Print Out: Required to Have a Proof of Enrollment sent to the DMV for a restricted license
- Citation from Law Enforcement can be used but must be accompanied with the Admin per Se Letter from the DMV.
- Down Payment will need to be made at the time of Orientation: Money Order, Cashier Check, Visa or Master Card, Cash (exact amount, change is not given). Please ask the receptionist when scheduling your appointment on the amount that will be due; prices are subject to change.
- Photo Identification, names need to match the Paperwork and Photo Id.
- Please bring paperwork completed for Orientation this will help speed up the process.
MAAC’s DUI Program is a program of